Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need help fast

I am in a programming class. we are using assembly to program mc68hc11 and i am so lost. I need to write a program that uses an alphanumeric display (siemens DL2416T) to display 4 letters. Can anyone help?

Comments

• CroWCroW Posts: 348Member
    : I am in a programming class. we are using assembly to program mc68hc11 and i am so lost. I need to write a program that uses an alphanumeric display (siemens DL2416T) to display 4 letters. Can anyone help?
    :

First of all,this board is for x86-assembly,not HC11-assembly,but I think there should be a board somewhere here.

Im just getting started with HC11 and I dont know anything bout your siemens-display,but it shouldnt be that difficult to do the thing.first you should take a look at the controller-board,where youre display is connected to.than search the hc11-handbook (section registerblock or so) for the port(s) used to control that connectors.for a 7-segment-display you could create a bitmap-table somewhere in memory holding the right bits to output to display a number.after that you could your number as an index within the table.

• blipblip Posts: 756Member
    Moving to "Other CPUs programming"...