send mail from excel97 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

send mail from excel97

windiwindi Posts: 1Member
hi,
my problem: i wanted to code an excel macro which sends automaticaly e-mails, and i dont want any warnings from outlook2000.
i read much about this, and i guess it is the problem that i have no chance with outlook2ks newest security update to use the sendmail function without warning.
i tried around with MAPI -> WARNING!

so can anyone help me? cause i dont want to learn toooooo much about winsock :-)

Comments

• PavlinIIPavlinII Posts: 404Member
    : hi,
    : my problem: i wanted to code an excel macro which sends automaticaly e-mails, and i dont want any warnings from outlook2000.
    : i read much about this, and i guess it is the problem that i have no chance with outlook2ks newest security update to use the sendmail function without warning.
    : i tried around with MAPI -> WARNING!
    :
    : so can anyone help me? cause i dont want to learn toooooo much about winsock :-)
    :
    :
    :

Hi, If you don't want to learn about winsock, here is little trick whitch could work..

Let MS OutLook windows (or Warning, I don't know) appear and automatically close it (in few miliseconds)

[code]
    [green]'The number 10 is time in miliseconds... TimerProc will start after this time[/green]
    SetTimer Form1.hWnd, &H5000&, 10, AddressOf TimerProc
    SendMailYourMail....

[red]'This must be in Module[/red]
    Public Sub TimerProc(ByVal hWnd_X As Long, ByVal uMsg As Long, ByVal idEvent As Long, ByVal dwTime As Long)
    Dim Handle As Long
    [green]'Or anything what happens after SetTimer
    'You can give here code, whitch will wait for Outlook warning
    'to make sure if you're not closing something else...
    'You can use FindWindow etc...[/green]
    SendKeys ("%s") [green]I don't know if there is Alt+S to send or MsgBox[/green]
    [green]'SendKeys("{Enter}")[/green]
    KillTimer hWnd_X, idEvent
    End Sub[/code]Hope this helps...

PavlinII