send mail from excel97 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

send mail from excel97

windiwindi Posts: 1Member
hi,
my problem: i wanted to code an excel macro which sends automaticaly e-mails, and i dont want any warnings from outlook2000.
i read much about this, and i guess it is the problem that i have no chance with outlook2ks newest security update to use the sendmail function without warning.
i tried around with MAPI -> WARNING!

so can anyone help me? cause i dont want to learn toooooo much about winsock :-)

Comments

• PavlinIIPavlinII Posts: 404Member
    : hi,
    : my problem: i wanted to code an excel macro which sends automaticaly e-mails, and i dont want any warnings from outlook2000.
    : i read much about this, and i guess it is the problem that i have no chance with outlook2ks newest security update to use the sendmail function without warning.
    : i tried around with MAPI -> WARNING!
    :
    : so can anyone help me? cause i dont want to learn toooooo much about winsock :-)
    :
    :
    :

Hi, If you don't want to learn about winsock, here is little trick whitch could work..

Let MS OutLook windows (or Warning, I don't know) appear and automatically close it (in few miliseconds)

[code]
    [green]'The number 10 is time in miliseconds... TimerProc will start after this time[/green]
    SetTimer Form1.hWnd, &H5000&, 10, AddressOf TimerProc
    SendMailYourMail....

[red]'This must be in Module[/red]
    Public Sub TimerProc(ByVal hWnd_X As Long, ByVal uMsg As Long, ByVal idEvent As Long, ByVal dwTime As Long)
    Dim Handle As Long
    [green]'Or anything what happens after SetTimer
    'You can give here code, whitch will wait for Outlook warning
    'to make sure if you're not closing something else...
    'You can use FindWindow etc...[/green]
    SendKeys ("%s") [green]I don't know if there is Alt+S to send or MsgBox[/green]
    [green]'SendKeys("{Enter}")[/green]
    KillTimer hWnd_X, idEvent
    End Sub[/code]Hope this helps...

PavlinII