Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Java/Palm Pilot

I am wondering as someone above, can I write Java applications for a Plam? Or

does it have to be in C as Hannes says?

Comments

• : I am wondering as someone above, can I write Java applications for a Plam? Or

: does it have to be in C as Hannes says?

yes, there are some java VMs e.g. Waba.

URL:www.wabasoft.com

• : : I am wondering as someone above, can I write Java applications for a Plam? Or

: : does it have to be in C as Hannes says?

: yes, there are some java VMs e.g. Waba.

sorry... the msgboard produced a wrong link, here's the correct link..

URL:http://www.wabasoft.com/

• : : I am wondering as someone above, can I write Java applications for a Plam? Or

: : does it have to be in C as Hannes says?

: yes, there are some java VMs e.g. Waba.

sorry... the msgboard produced a wrong link, here's the correct link..

URL:http://www.wabasoft.com/

• aruna1aruna1 Member Posts: 3
    : I am wondering as someone above, can I write Java applications for a Plam? Or
    : does it have to be in C as Hannes says?
    :
    : U can Use (1) IBM Visual Age Micro Edition 1.3
    (2) KVM
    (3) WABA
    for developing Palm Applications using JAVA.

• RavenRaven Member Posts: 59
    I would be most grateful if someone could please give a little more informationa nd links for programming java in palm.
    Also, can you program pure java for palm or does it have to be something like waba?
    for example: can i use by borland builder 4 to build apllications and programs for palm, or do i need something else.
    all replies are appresciated,
    raven

• bitmoversbitmovers Member Posts: 9
    : I would be most grateful if someone could please give a little more informationa nd links for programming java in palm.
    : Also, can you program pure java for palm or does it have to be something like waba?
    : for example: can i use by borland builder 4 to build apllications and programs for palm, or do i need something else.
    : all replies are appresciated,
    : raven
    :
    :

This is a better solution for palm applications. Go to www.bitmovers.com and read about product called Maui

Maui lets you program in java and once the application is built the user interface can be see on Web, WAP and Palm. For example,
    the registration to download can be accessed through the Palm
    http://maui.bitmovers.com:8080/DeveloperSignup

They will be coming out with version 1.2 by the end of Aug where Palm support is even better. try it out its free

Mentioned in the first message is the option to write for palm in c/c++.
    What compiler do i need for this?
    any other info would be helpful.
    thanks to all,
    raven

: Mentioned in the first message is the option to write for palm in c/c++.
    : What compiler do i need for this?
    : any other info would be helpful.
    : thanks to all,
    : raven
    :

I am sure you can use c++ however, i am not too familar with it so I cant help you there. But Java is so similar to c++ so i suggest that you try and use Maui and program with Java. You will find out quickly that it is easy to use. If you need more info on Java, i suggest looking for help on the google group site

http://groups.google.com/

search for java help and you will get all the info on how to start.

Let me know what you think of Maui as a product.

Thanks
    salma

i haveb nothing against using java but the programs are big and slow.
    maybe you might know of where i can find a product for doing it in c or delphi or c++.
    are there any "free" (or low cost) products in general for palm programming.
    how simi8lar is palm programming to windows ce or whatever they will call it now?
    thanks

: i haveb nothing against using java but the programs are big and slow.
    : maybe you might know of where i can find a product for doing it in c or delphi or c++.
    : are there any "free" (or low cost) products in general for palm programming.
    : how simi8lar is palm programming to windows ce or whatever they will call it now?
    : thanks
    :

The product Maui is server side so its not slow at all. I would still suggest that you download it and play around with it .

http://maui.bitmovers.com
    seriously this is one of the best products out there for palm development, fast and easy. Version 1.2 is coming out Sept 4th, and the performance has increased even more.

Another thing is, what are you trying to develop for Palm? Are you looking for client side application? I suggest server side for now. Maui version 2.0 will have client side abilities, that will come out beginning of 2002.