Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

COM port

Hi there,

I have an old lab device and I'm looking for the way to connect it to PC. It's all about reading the voltage 0 - +10 mV. Recently I've connected the stuff with the Mic-In on the soundcard, but that was not what I wanted, because the wave signal is sinusoidal.

Is it possible to use the COM port for this purpose directly?
Are there any procedures in Delphi, that allow to measure the voltage on the pins?

If you have any ideas or experience with such subject, please help me.

Awaiting answers,
M.K.

Comments

• dj_sanniedj_sannie Member Posts: 92
    : Hi there,
    :
    : I have an old lab device and I'm looking for the way to connect it to PC. It's all about reading the voltage 0 - +10 mV. Recently I've connected the stuff with the Mic-In on the soundcard, but that was not what I wanted, because the wave signal is sinusoidal.
    :
    : Is it possible to use the COM port for this purpose directly?
    : Are there any procedures in Delphi, that allow to measure the voltage on the pins?
    :
    : If you have any ideas or experience with such subject, please help me.
    :
    : Awaiting answers,
    : M.K.
    :

Hi,

What u want to do is impossible because a com poort works whit bit's 1/0 high/low. U allready tried the mic-in so i think u have to make or buy some hardware to convert the analog signal to a digital signal. If u want to and are able to make some hardware you're self. than i suggest u amplify the signal with a basic op amp and than convert is to a digital signal with a basic AD Convertor (8bit) if u do this than u can read the data through the partralel poort.

Greetz DJ Sannie.