Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Securing phpMyAdmin

himshwethimshwet Member Posts: 14
Hi ,

I have a free account on a web server which provides me with php and mysql support , my problem is this that i have uploaded phpmyadmin on this website for remote administration but then i realised i cannot use any kind of security , every body can change my databases , as the web server has no support for .htacess files . please help me secure my phpmyadmin to administer my mysql databases
thanx a lot in advance

himshwet

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    Hi,

: I have a free account on a web server which provides me with php and
    : mysql support , my problem is this that i have uploaded phpmyadmin
    : on this website for remote administration but then i realised i
    : cannot use any kind of security , every body can change my
    : databases , as the web server has no support for .htacess files .
    : please help me secure my phpmyadmin to administer my mysql databases
    You might be stuck in a crack here. I may be out of date, so you should read the documentation. It will be far more up to date and comprehensive than I can. But, FWIW...

When I was last configuring phpMyAdmin, I noticed that if you wanted to protect it using cookies or it's own HTTP AUTH rather than .htaccess style stuff you needed to be installing it in such a way that it could read from the main MySQL user table. And on a free host they're not going to let you do that. :-( I may be wrong, but glancing over the docs, it still seems like that's the way it is.

So, I really don't know what to advise... Bit of a problem!

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");