JDBC connection problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

JDBC connection problem

koolguykoolguy Posts: 10Member
hi
i'm currently trying to make an JDBC connection to Oracle DB present on an UNIX system.I have Oracle thin driver for that the driver is getting loaded but when i use the getConnection Statement I get an error as

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135290880)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

please tell me what went wrong.please tell me the correct format of url string used in getConnection.
i'm giving as getConnection(url,"login","passwd");

in my case url=jdbc:oracle:thin:sony.utd.edu:EXP","login","passwd");
in the above statement sony.utd.edu is a unix server where oracle is loaded and database name being EXP.
is the above format correct.
i cant go ahead if i cant make an connection.
bye