how to use svga in turboc version 3 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

how to use svga in turboc version 3

i m making a game project in college

and i need help about how to use svga modes and animation in them

Comments

• : i m making a game project in college

: and i need help about how to use svga modes and animation in them

:

#1, You don't use Turbo C++ for making games with graphics. Turbo C++ was made in.. hmm.. 1992? It is old and inferior.

#2, Turbo C++ is still living up the old days when there was a 64kb limit on most programs. Turbo C++ uses FAR pointers to work on extended memory. FAR pointers are not portables and are DEAD nowadays.

#3, You should download the free 32-bit C/C++ compiler called DJGPP from www.delorie.com/djgpp/. The program looks and feels like Turbo C++ (with the RHIDE IDE), supports up to (I think) 256 megs of memory, is standard C/C++, and has a wonderful game/graphics library called Allegro which has also been ported to almost every other OS including DirectX so you can make programs that work under DirectX, Linux, XWindows, etc. Get Allegro at http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/.

That is all.

-Xotor-

• i m making a game project in college

and i need help about how to use svga modes and animation in them

Xotor is right. You can't even use TC++ for mode 13h. Think about it, a double buffer requires 64000 (320 * 200) bytes, and standard size (50x100) images use 500 bytes. More memory is

needed for SVGA. DJGPP is the only choice for

C/C++/DOS graphics programming. And personally,

Java is the easiest, since most game/graphic related functions are predefined, and there are no concerns with memory, palette, resolution,

etc.

Do you realize how long it takes to learn game concepts? There's more to it than just drawing and animation.

Try this...

#include

#include

#include

void main()

{

printf("%u bytes of memory are available", stackavail()); /* "stackavail" may be worded differently in TC++ */

if (stackavail() < 64000)

printf("
    Insufficient memory for a double

buffer");

getch();

}

• : i m making a game project in college

: and i need help about how to use svga modes and animation in them

:

: Xotor is right. You can't even use TC++ for mode 13h. Think about it, a double buffer requires 64000 (320 * 200) bytes, and standard size (50x100) images use 500 bytes. More memory is

: needed for SVGA. DJGPP is the only choice for

: C/C++/DOS graphics programming. And personally,

: Java is the easiest, since most game/graphic related functions are predefined, and there are no concerns with memory, palette, resolution,

: etc.

:

: Do you realize how long it takes to learn game concepts? There's more to it than just drawing and animation.

:

: Try this...

:

: #include

:

: void main()

: {

: printf("%u bytes of memory are available", stackavail()); /* "stackavail" may be worded differently in TC++ */

: if (stackavail() < 64000)

: printf("
    Insufficient memory for a double

: buffer");

: getch();

: }

: