Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dual boot ...

Edgyr51Edgyr51 Member Posts: 25
I've install Xp and 98. The reason was that I needed 98 to prepare for a exam. Until then, I have the choice to boot Xp or 98. I would like to remove 98 now. I don't find how !

I've tried :

1- fixmbr ( is it realy rebuilding the mbr ? I don't think so)
2- fixBoot ( It only ask me to add choices, grrrrr )

I don't see what to do in the list on application of windows xp.

Comments

• NIN666NIN666 Member Posts: 90
    : I've install Xp and 98. The reason was that I needed 98 to prepare for a exam. Until then, I have the choice to boot Xp or 98. I would like to remove 98 now. I don't find how !
    :
    : I've tried :
    :
    : 1- fixmbr ( is it realy rebuilding the mbr ? I don't think so)
    : 2- fixBoot ( It only ask me to add choices, grrrrr )
    :
    : I don't see what to do in the list on application of windows xp.
    :

I believe XP controls everything here... One thing I would tell you to TRY if you don't want to format both drives is to boot XP first.
    After that right click my computer go to properties. Select the advanced tab and press the startup and recovery button. Now you will see default operating system: followed by some choices, set it to windows Xp then uncheck the display choices for x seconds button. After that restart your computer. If it boots up fine go ahead and delete the windows 98 files. If you are an advanced user go ahead and edit the boot.ini file in the root of C:

I really don't think you should try this unless you are prepared to maybe need to format the drive and re-instal XP although I don't think there should be any problems.
    [hr]Ethereal software and Mag monitors, doesn't get much better now does it?

• Edgyr51Edgyr51 Member Posts: 25
    it works, thx !