Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Linux Installation with mulyiple harddisks

I have two harddisks attahced to my system(one 20Gb
Seagate and other 40 Gb Samsung).i am trying to install linux on
both of them. but after installing they boot individually but not when both connected. can anyone one tell me how to install with multiple
harddisks.
what i exactly want is to boot from a linux harddisk with another harddisk attahced to the system which also has linux OS. Do bootloader play any role in this ?

Comments

• jeweljewel Member Posts: 52
    : I have two harddisks attahced to my system(one 20Gb
    : Seagate and other 40 Gb Samsung).i am trying to install linux on
    : both of them. but after installing they boot individually but not when both connected. can anyone one tell me how to install with multiple
    : harddisks.
    : what i exactly want is to boot from a linux harddisk with another harddisk attahced to the system which also has linux OS. Do bootloader play any role in this ?
    :

You want, like to install / on one harddisk, and /home on another, or two systems apart?
  • abcabc Member Posts: 443
    : I have two harddisks attahced to my system(one 20Gb
    : Seagate and other 40 Gb Samsung).i am trying to install linux on
    : both of them. but after installing they boot individually but not when both connected. can anyone one tell me how to install with multiple
    : harddisks.
    : what i exactly want is to boot from a linux harddisk with another harddisk attahced to the system which also has linux OS. Do bootloader play any role in this ?
    :

can you explain this? :
    [italic]but after installing they boot individually but not when both connected.[/italic]

shooting in the dark, did you connect each hdd separately, install, then try with both of them? if so, did you change any relevant jumpers? (master/slave/cable connect) if not, please explain what you actually did.
  • satishkhatrisatishkhatri Member Posts: 31
    it worked when i connected one as master and other as slave and installed bootloader on only one disk(master).
    : : I have two harddisks attahced to my system(one 20Gb
    : : Seagate and other 40 Gb Samsung).i am trying to install linux on
    : : both of them. but after installing they boot individually but not when both connected. can anyone one tell me how to install with multiple
    : : harddisks.
    : : what i exactly want is to boot from a linux harddisk with another harddisk attahced to the system which also has linux OS. Do bootloader play any role in this ?
    : :
    :
    : can you explain this? :
    : [italic]but after installing they boot individually but not when both connected.[/italic]
    :
    : shooting in the dark, did you connect each hdd separately, install, then try with both of them? if so, did you change any relevant jumpers? (master/slave/cable connect) if not, please explain what you actually did.
    :