Many thanks to all, but I have still one question more (Werner) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Many thanks to all, but I have still one question more (Werner)

werner02werner02 Posts: 5Member
Hi, You All

First of all many thanks for your kindly advise.
I will try to figure out your advice.But still I have a problem. In the meantime, could somone from you please advice me, which program (Pascal Compiler)is much better that Dev-Pas, so that I can without complication compiling any of my written program code (include asm code).
I also want to change the boring DOS Icon. If I use Turbo Paslcal, so it seems to be impossible to include any resource code in order to change the icon. Or maybe I'm wrong?? Could you give me please some advice how to include a resource code in turbo pascal.

Comments

• bpajkbpajk Posts: 156Member
    : Hi, You All
    :
    : First of all many thanks for your kindly advise.
    : I will try to figure out your advice.But still I have a problem. In the meantime, could somone from you please advice me, which program (Pascal Compiler)is much better that Dev-Pas, so that I can without complication compiling any of my written program code (include asm code).
    : I also want to change the boring DOS Icon. If I use Turbo Paslcal, so it seems to be impossible to include any resource code in order to change the icon. Or maybe I'm wrong?? Could you give me please some advice how to include a resource code in turbo pascal.
    :
    There is no universal compiler. If you use Dev-Pascal or Free-pascal (both 32bit compilers) you can only access the sources, windows allows you. If you use Turbo Pascal (only 16bit compiler), you can extend that a litle, but you still have limitations because of windows. 32bit compilers are bether because you can access the whole memory (you don't have memory limitations like in Turbo Pascal) and they have 32bit registers, so they are faster. I don't know how to add icons to the exe file in Dev-Pascal, but I think it is posible.