Dev-Pascal for window (I need really help, please) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Dev-Pascal for window (I need really help, please)

werner02werner02 Posts: 5Member
Hi All

Might someone out of there who can help me.
I'm using a Dev-Pas Compiler (Pascal) Version 1.9 (latest).
Always, if I try to compile asm-codes, the compiler gives an error messages
(Unknown identfier AX, unknown identifier BX...) and so on.

I have downloaded a DOS-Extender Pro32 in order to compile those asm codes.

How can use the DOS Extender together with Dev-Pascal?

In TurboPascal everythig works fine, but I'm unable to implement a resourcecode. Therefore I choosed to use Dev-Pascal.

Maybe somebody with good knowledge can help me.

Thanks for all

WERNER

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi All
    :
    : Might someone out of there who can help me.
    : I'm using a Dev-Pas Compiler (Pascal) Version 1.9 (latest).
    : Always, if I try to compile asm-codes, the compiler gives an error messages
    : (Unknown identfier AX, unknown identifier BX...) and so on.
    :
    : I have downloaded a DOS-Extender Pro32 in order to compile those asm codes.
    :
    : How can use the DOS Extender together with Dev-Pascal?
    :
    : In TurboPascal everythig works fine, but I'm unable to implement a resourcecode. Therefore I choosed to use Dev-Pascal.
    :
    : Maybe somebody with good knowledge can help me.
    :
    : Thanks for all
    :
    : WERNER
    :
    Perhaps they are called EAX, after the 32-bit registers instead of the 16-bit registers.
  • ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : : Hi All
    : :
    : : Might someone out of there who can help me.
    : : I'm using a Dev-Pas Compiler (Pascal) Version 1.9 (latest).
    : : Always, if I try to compile asm-codes, the compiler gives an error messages
    : : (Unknown identfier AX, unknown identifier BX...) and so on.
    : : I have downloaded a DOS-Extender Pro32 in order to compile those asm codes.
    : : How can use the DOS Extender together with Dev-Pascal?
    : : In TurboPascal everythig works fine, but I'm unable to implement a resourcecode. Therefore I choosed to use Dev-Pascal.
    : : Maybe somebody with good knowledge can help me.
    : : Thanks for all
    : : WERNER
    : Perhaps they are called EAX, after the 32-bit registers instead of the 16-bit registers.

Most likely they are, since Dev-Pascal comes with either the Win32 version of FreePascal or GNU Pascal.

It's possible (and probable) the ASM he is trying to use won't even work in Dev-Pascal because of the difference in the DOS and Win32 platforms.
  • bpajkbpajk Posts: 156Member
    To compile use a directive at the top of the program: {$ASMMODE INTEL} But be cearful, you have 32bit registers and memory locations in Dev-Pascal. Some code will not work in Dev-Pascal, despite working in Turbo Pascal.