Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Conversion from .dsp to .vcp

May i know how can i convert the workspace file (.dsp) of visual c++ to embedded visual c++ workspace file (.vcp)? When i tried to open the .dsp file in embedded visual c++ software, it said that it was generated for Windows desktop development. It can only be used for Windows CE development. So may i know is there a solution to this problem? Your reply is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• DarknezzDarknezz Posts: 245Member
    : May i know how can i convert the workspace file (.dsp) of visual c++ to embedded visual c++ workspace file (.vcp)? When i tried to open the .dsp file in embedded visual c++ software, it said that it was generated for Windows desktop development. It can only be used for Windows CE development. So may i know is there a solution to this problem? Your reply is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    :

I think .dsp is the project file? And .dsw is the workspace file.
    If i have a saved project and i double click the .dsp file VC++ tells me it found a workspace file that matched the project file and asked if i wanted to load that instead. But if i double click the .dsw file it loads it without asking me anything.

As for converting the files, take a look at them in notepad, they're simply ASCII format text files that tell the VC++ IDE what settings to use and what files to load etc (.dsp and .dsw are anyway). You may be able to work something out from that?