Load login.ascx file - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Load login.ascx file

FidzFidz Posts: 26Member
hi all

i am working on a web apps. i have a login.ascx file and a loggedin.ascx file. when i have successfully logged in (using the login.ascx user control) i would want the loggedin.ascx usercontrol to load in.... both usercontrols will be loaded into the same page....

what i am not too sure about is where to put the code for validating the password and username...will i put it in the usercontrol itself or the implementing page ie the page where i put the usercontrols ???

any tips/ code samples would be really appreciated

cheers
fii

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    Put the code in the user-controls being loaded. The point of a user control is to be reusable and independant. Personally, id make the login and signout a single user-control with panels. Panel "A" holding the signin and panel "B" holding the signout. Depending on the mode, one of the panels will be invisible at all times. Place-holders is a little mis-leading to use, because u as the programmer are responsible for the viewstate of the control being placed.

: hi all
    :
    : i am working on a web apps. i have a login.ascx file and a loggedin.ascx file. when i have successfully logged in (using the login.ascx user control) i would want the loggedin.ascx usercontrol to load in.... both usercontrols will be loaded into the same page....
    :
    : what i am not too sure about is where to put the code for validating the password and username...will i put it in the usercontrol itself or the implementing page ie the page where i put the usercontrols ???
    :
    : any tips/ code samples would be really appreciated
    :
    : cheers
    : fii
    :