Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New To Apache :: Help Me

chprvkmrchprvkmr Member Posts: 31
Hello friends, Iam new to Apache and I have downloaded Apache2.0. Kindly help me in suggesting so as to where I could place servlets and JSP files and how couls I access it from address bar of my browser. As Iam beginner , Please help me.

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    : Hello friends, Iam new to Apache and I have downloaded Apache2.0.
    : Kindly help me in suggesting so as to where I could place servlets
    : and JSP files and how couls I access it from address bar of my
    : browser. As Iam beginner , Please help me.
    I think for JSP support in Apache you must install Jakarta:
    http://jakarta.apache.org
    Never done it, so can't give you any specifics, sorry.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• serjunserjun Member Posts: 2
    : Hello friends, Iam new to Apache and I have downloaded Apache2.0. Kindly help me in suggesting so as to where I could place servlets and JSP files and how couls I access it from address bar of my browser. As Iam beginner , Please help me.
    :

I am using Apache Tomcat 4.1. There is a folder named "conf" in my Tomcat program folder. It contains a file named "server.xml" which I edit everytime i want to register a new virtual directory to my apache server. Read it and you'll get some context clues on how to set up your virtual diretories, which should be accessible from your browser's address bar when properly registered.

As to where you should put your servlet classes, you must have a sub-folder named WEB-INF in your virtual directory. You can copy the existing one from your Apache's WEBAPPS/ROOT directory.) It will then contain a file named "web.xml", which you will edit to register your servlet classes. Inside your new WEB-INF folder, create a folder named "classes" (or whatever) and point your CLASSPATH environment variable to it. Copy your servlet classes to this subfolder, and restart your Apache server. That's how i do it.