[Linker error] undefined reference to 'WinMain@16' - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

[Linker error] undefined reference to 'WinMain@16'

kc2keokc2keo Posts: 110Member
First of all I am working on the helloworld example with jni. I am using BloodShed dev c++ for my compiler. I have downloaded jni.h, jnipost.h from searching at google.com and putting them in the #include directory. Everything seems to go fine execpt for the error which is the name of this thread. I made the header stub from my helloworld java file and also put it in the include directory which is in my compiler root directory. I am also aware that some of the code generated in the header file has to be the same in the .c file. I hope i'm explaining this right.

Anyway heres the link to the tutorial:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/native1.1/stepbystep/index.html

After I make the native code implementation i'll have to make the shared library and i'm also not sure how to. I know I have the option to make one in my compiler but I don't know what to do from there.

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,
George Mouyios

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    in Dev-C++ you need to create a dll project, not an executable project.
  • kc2keokc2keo Posts: 110Member
    : in Dev-C++ you need to create a dll project, not an executable project.
    :

So all I need to do is make a new project as a dll project and then just paste the code in and compile it?

George
  • stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : : in Dev-C++ you need to create a dll project, not an executable project.
    : :
    :
    :
    : So all I need to do is make a new project as a dll project and then just paste the code in and compile it?
    :
    : George
    :

you also need to export any symbols that is to be called from the application program. Otherwise, that's about all there is to it. Pretty simple stuff actually.
    Thanks for your help. If I had no response I would be still stuck trying to get the executable file to work when it was supposed to be a dll file shared library.

Thanks
    George
    This is the site where I had gotten the tutorial about working with the java native interface:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/native1.1/stepbystep/index.html

I don't think I mentioned that before.

Bye from,
    George
    I have gotten to step 5 which is compile and load the shared library. I compiled the shared library but I cannot load it. Step 6 tells me to run the program using the java intrepreter. When I run HelloWorld.class I get the error saying:

no hello in java.library.path

Yeah its a path thing. Does that mean I should put something in the include directory with my compiler?