Simple problem !! - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Simple problem !!

kishore_peddikishore_peddi Posts: 176Member

Hi,

Good day. I have a Menu with Menu Items. I want to create short-cuts dynamically for Menu Items. I have "CtrlF" in string format in a table. Then how to assign it to the Menu Item (with this Short-cut Key (CtrlF)).

Can you please suggest me the way with sample code ?

Advance ThanX for your time & patience.

Cheers,
Kishore

Comments

• rai_netrai_net Posts: 51Member
    :
    :
    : Hi,
    :
    : Good day. I have a Menu with Menu Items. I want to create short-cuts dynamically for Menu Items. I have "CtrlF" in string format in a table. Then how to assign it to the Menu Item (with this Short-cut Key (CtrlF)).
    :
    : Can you please suggest me the way with sample code ?
    :
    : Advance ThanX for your time & patience.
    :
    : Cheers,
    : Kishore
    :
    :

greetings and salutations,

I am not sure if you need help converting the string to a shortcut or assigning the shortcut to the menuitem, but I can help you with the latter.

[CODE]
    if(stringTableEntry == "CtrlF")
    {
    MenuItem.Shortcut = Shortcut.CtrlF;
    }
    [/CODE]

I hope this helps you.

rai_net
  • kishore_peddikishore_peddi Posts: 176Member

Hi Rai,

Good day. According to your solution, i have to checkup each and every ShortCut key in my code with "if" structure Or with "Switch" statement.This is a big task, because there are about 100 Sortcuts available (Predefined). This is the only solution ?

My task is, i am having a DB table with column "HotKey" of "String" type in MS-SQL Server. And "HotKey" column values are like "CtrlF" etc...I am getting values dynamically from database & assinging it to MenuItems as

MenuItem1.Shortcut = "".

It is giving error stating that the string type can't be converted to Shortcut type.

Glad if you could help.

Cheers,
    Kishore

greetings and salutations,

I am not sure if you need help converting the string to a shortcut or assigning the shortcut to the menuitem, but I can help you with the latter.

[CODE]
    if(stringTableEntry == "CtrlF")
    {
    MenuItem.Shortcut = Shortcut.CtrlF;
    }
    [/CODE]

rai_net