directX 9 and C# - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

directX 9 and C#

floozyfloozy Posts: 38Member
Hi there,

Im working on a 3D construction programs using directX 9.0 and all works well.

The project is in its finishing stages and I tried to test it on a clean system.

My install manager checks system for installed directX versions, if older versions or none are found directX can be installed.

Same procedure for the .NET-Framework, only then the user is able to install the application itself.

However, Im not able to run it.

Then I tested one of the sample program from the directX 9 tutorials on that same system (directX and .Net-Framework installed) and it didnt work either. Only after installing the directX SDK, the programm started. My own app still doesnt work and I get error messages like

"The application has created an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x1ec (some number), Thread id=.....................ra ra"

Same shit as with the directX sample before SDK was installed.

Anyone with ideas how to compile a working release version of an application using directX 9

So far I wasnt able to find anything in the documentation either.
Thanks