Mouse cursor stops working with Windows NT 4 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Mouse cursor stops working with Windows NT 4

terry fterry f Posts: 2Member
I am trying to use TP 7 on a computer that is running windows NT 4.0.

TP works OK until the first time you run a program. Then the mouse cursor (in the editor) stops working until you quit the editor and re-start it!!!

Any ideas? I am sure that I have used turbo pascal on an NT 4 machine before but I can't remember what I had to do to keep the mouse pointer visible after running a program.

Comments

• delljohnbdelljohnb Posts: 81Member
    : I am trying to use TP 7 on a computer that is running windows NT 4.0.
    :
    : TP works OK until the first time you run a program. Then the mouse cursor (in the editor) stops working until you quit the editor and re-start it!!!
    :
    : Any ideas? I am sure that I have used turbo pascal on an NT 4 machine before but I can't remember what I had to do to keep the mouse pointer visible after running a program.
    :
    :
    :
    Here is a POSSIBILITY...quite often is you are manipulating external files, the system will lock is you have not closed the file. Make sure that you use the close() function for every file that you have opened. In addition, if you are using any of the EOF or EOLn functions, make sure that your scripting is concise and contains no open loops or non-ending reads. I have had both these items appear in the past. The program will compile, but, it will lock up. :-( Good luck.

DelljohnB

• terry fterry f Posts: 2Member
    : : I am trying to use TP 7 on a computer that is running windows NT 4.0.
    : :
    : : TP works OK until the first time you run a program. Then the mouse cursor (in the editor) stops working until you quit the editor and re-start it!!!
    : : Any ideas? I am sure that I have used turbo pascal on an NT 4 machine before but I can't remember what I had to do to keep the mouse pointer visible after running a program.
    : Here is a POSSIBILITY...quite often is you are manipulating external files, the system will lock is you have not closed the file. Make sure that you use the close() function for every file that you have opened. In addition, if you are using any of the EOF or EOLn functions, make sure that your scripting is concise and contains no open loops or non-ending reads. I have had both these items appear in the past. The program will compile, but, it will lock up. :-( Good luck.
    :
    : DelljohnB
    :

Thanks, I'll check the code again, I may have missed something
    terry f
    :