file reading directory issue - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

file reading directory issue

I would apprecaite it very much if anyone like to help me out on this.

It's very werid that in main frame unit file there is loadfromfile command and it works very good when I just use "****.***" without the exact file directory name since it's located in the same directory as project files. But in other units except for main frame the program just could not find this file. What's the reason? I already check the project options and includes that directory in search directory.

Help , please!

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I would apprecaite it very much if anyone like to help me out on this.
    :
    : It's very werid that in main frame unit file there is loadfromfile command and it works very good when I just use "****.***" without the exact file directory name since it's located in the same directory as project files. But in other units except for main frame the program just could not find this file. What's the reason? I already check the project options and includes that directory in search directory.
    :
    : Help , please!
    :
    :
    It's not important if the unit source code is in the search path, but it is important that the compiled DCU file is in the search path. You should check if the "Unit output dir" is also included in the "Search path".
  • michwwfmichwwf Posts: 5Member
    Probably I did not make myself clear. MY issue is the program could not find the sound or picture files to load into the program. I am sure those picture files are in the same directory as project files. I just did included the exact full directory name. There is no problem for "loadfromfile" to find it when coded in the main unit. But it doesn't work in other units.