listbox with color names and icons - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

listbox with color names and icons

Hi there I am developing a new chat software and I like to know how can I add icons and color names in a listbox via a server to client.

more information:

when my client logon to the server it will send out the user information IE, If the user is a admin it will show a admin icon and color name but all the rest of the users will be normal with out colors or icon can u help me on this?

your
simon

if u like to mail me and find out more information or like to help me plz mail me at [email protected]

thanks

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi there I am developing a new chat software and I like to know how can I add icons and color names in a listbox via a server to client.
    :
    : more information:
    :
    : when my client logon to the server it will send out the user information IE, If the user is a admin it will show a admin icon and color name but all the rest of the users will be normal with out colors or icon can u help me on this?
    :
    : your
    : simon
    :
    : if u like to mail me and find out more information or like to help me plz mail me at [email protected]
    :
    : thanks
    :
    The easiest way is to use a TListView in combination with a TImageList. Set the TListView.ViewStyle to vsList and TListView.SmallImages to the TImageList component, and you're almost done. To create multiple colors for the texts you need to write a code for the TListView.CustomDrawItem() event. You can use the Item's ImageIndex to differentiate between the various user-types.