listbox with color names and icons - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

listbox with color names and icons

Hi there I am developing a new chat software and I like to know how can I add icons and color names in a listbox via a server to client.

more information:

when my client logon to the server it will send out the user information IE, If the user is a admin it will show a admin icon and color name but all the rest of the users will be normal with out colors or icon can u help me on this?

your
simon

if u like to mail me and find out more information or like to help me plz mail me at [email protected]

thanks

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi there I am developing a new chat software and I like to know how can I add icons and color names in a listbox via a server to client.
    :
    : more information:
    :
    : when my client logon to the server it will send out the user information IE, If the user is a admin it will show a admin icon and color name but all the rest of the users will be normal with out colors or icon can u help me on this?
    :
    : your
    : simon
    :
    : if u like to mail me and find out more information or like to help me plz mail me at [email protected]
    :
    : thanks
    :
    The easiest way is to use a TListView in combination with a TImageList. Set the TListView.ViewStyle to vsList and TListView.SmallImages to the TImageList component, and you're almost done. To create multiple colors for the texts you need to write a code for the TListView.CustomDrawItem() event. You can use the Item's ImageIndex to differentiate between the various user-types.