MUSIC FILES - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

MUSIC FILES

mr.programmermr.programmer Posts: 4Member
Can somebody out there compose for me any kind of music into pascal music tones(numbers) so that I can develope a program that plays that particular song when its compiled and run.
ie
sound()
delay()
nosound
sound()
delay()
etc
Help please im in a fix

Comments

• PerranPerran Posts: 241Member
    : Can somebody out there compose for me any kind of music into pascal music tones(numbers) so that I can develope a program that plays that particular song when its compiled and run.
    : ie
    : sound()
    : delay()
    : nosound
    : sound()
    : delay()
    : etc
    : Help please im in a fix
    :
    :
    The parameter that sound() takes is a frequency in hertz. I'm sure the note played back is only approximate. The parameter that delay() takes is in milliseconds. So, make yourself a table of constants and define notes and timing like:
    [code]
    const
    Q = 300; {quarter note}
    H = 600; {half note}
    {etc...........}

A = 440; {A440...duh}
    G = 392; {G}
    {etc...........}
    [/code]
    Then write yourself a procedure that will play each note for the specified time. You can pass it a frequency and duration. Piece of cake. I wouldn't be surprised if this is schoolwork, so you will need to hack away at it. If you run into problems, post your code back here and someone will help you.
  • delljohnbdelljohnb Posts: 81Member
    : : Can somebody out there compose for me any kind of music into pascal music tones(numbers) so that I can develope a program that plays that particular song when its compiled and run.
    : : ie
    : : sound()
    : : delay()
    : : nosound
    : : sound()
    : : delay()
    : : etc
    : : Help please im in a fix
    : :
    : :
    : The parameter that sound() takes is a frequency in hertz. I'm sure the note played back is only approximate. The parameter that delay() takes is in milliseconds. So, make yourself a table of constants and define notes and timing like:
    : [code]
    : const
    : Q = 300; {quarter note}
    : H = 600; {half note}
    : {etc...........}
    :
    : A = 440; {A440...duh}
    : G = 392; {G}
    : {etc...........}
    : [/code]
    : Then write yourself a procedure that will play each note for the specified time. You can pass it a frequency and duration. Piece of cake. I wouldn't be surprised if this is schoolwork, so you will need to hack away at it. If you run into problems, post your code back here and someone will help you.
    :

I wish I'd had the internet to look for solutions when I took Pascal back in 1984. LOL.....maybe I'd have more hair still!!!!

Delljohnb