Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

problem with Direct x

siskomikesiskomike Member Posts: 88
I'm using Direct x 9, and rather new to it i get error message "unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive"... What is this and how do i fix this?
Any info on the subject would be appreciated
thnx.

Comments

• Vorsin S.V.Vorsin S.V. Member Posts: 25
    : I'm using Direct x 9, and rather new to it i get error message "unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive"... What is this and how do i fix this?
    : Any info on the subject would be appreciated
    : thnx.
    :
    :

If you work with SDK API and VC++ (not MFC), try to create an empty project and insert necessary code manually. You can turn off precompiled headers (if you are making your own header file or source code, without class wizard).

• siskomikesiskomike Member Posts: 88
    : : I'm using Direct x 9, and rather new to it i get error message "unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive"... What is this and how do i fix this?
    : : Any info on the subject would be appreciated
    : : thnx.
    : :
    : :
    :
    I solved the problem a while ago and if anyone else is having trouble with Direct X9 source code with MS VC++, you may need to set up your project workspace with the proper libraries linked... here is how too step by step:

1:::Open VC++ 6. Goto Menu->File->New. On the "Project" tab select "Win32 Application." __NOT__ "Win32 Console Application." Enter the project name and hit "OK."
    2:::Select "An Empty Project." Hit "Finish."
    3:::You must now specify where your DX9 has been installed...goto tools>options, and then select the tab "directories". Change "Show
    Directories for:" to "library files" In the directory list add where it is that you keep your "DX9"... on my pc for example it is located at "C:DXSDKinclude".
    4:::Goto Menu->Project->Settings->Link Tab on the window"setting for:" select the version of Dx9 you are using (Debug or retail). Then select the tab "link" on the right of the window. Now you will see "Object/Library Modules" there should be several libraries here "kernel32.lib, user32.lib..." add the following libraries to this list; "d3d9.lib, d3dx9.lib, winmm.lib".
    5:::Next we must add the source files to the project. Go back to VC++ 6 and goto Menu->Project->Add to Project->Files and add the source code files you wish to have in your project (add your source code here == .h and .cpp files here). Hit "OK." Now you can build/compile your files.

If anyone is still having trouble with DX9 and VS C++ 6.0, I am happy to help if i can...DX9 sources are very limited on the web, and is a hard API to start from as I did...