Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Scheme File Handling

amoolboyamoolboy Posts: 6Member
Hi there,
I do not know anything about Scheme, but I have to modify someone's program to enable file handling. Is there a way a scheme program can keep checking for the presence of a file (that does not exist), and stop this loop when it finds the text file. During this time gap (until it finds the file), the scheme code should not do anything else. After finding the text file, it can then read the numbers in from this text file.

This is actually a scheme program that contains a GA, and I have my C program that periodically spits the distance moved by a robot onto a text file. This text file is the input for this scheme program and if the text file is created with this distance moved, then the scheme code can use it to run the GA and learn.

thanks
amul