Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Reading a .DAT file

[b][red]This message was edited by prg rookie at 2003-9-23 15:34:39[/red][/b][hr]
Can somebody point me in the right direction so that I can read a .DAT file, transfer the data to ASCII code and them import the data to either an MS Excel spreadsheet or an MS ACCESS database? I will be using VB for the source code.

I'm trying to create a data transfer medium from scratch. The info. I have is from an insurance co. who have provided me with some test data in a .DAT file.

Comments

• bodeenbodeen Member Posts: 2
    : [b][red]This message was edited by prg rookie at 2003-9-23 15:34:39[/red][/b][hr]
    : Can somebody point me in the right direction so that I can read a .DAT file, transfer the data to ASCII code and them import the data to either an MS Excel spreadsheet or an MS ACCESS database? I will be using VB for the source code.
    :
    : I'm trying to create a data transfer medium from scratch. The info. I have is from an insurance co. who have provided me with some test data in a .DAT file.
    :
    :
    Maybe you should try the " Access databases and VB " board. ???

Chuck Bodeen
    "Everybody comes to Las Vegas --- and usually stays with me!"