Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need help with some VB.NET code to open an exsisting excel or word fil

i am writing a program where i need to open an exsisting excel and word file by clicking on a menu item. just not sure what the code is to open that exsisting file, with out using the openfiledialog. if someone could help me out with this i would be grateful. thanks.

Comments

• Acke_narciAcke_narci Member Posts: 7
    : i am writing a program where i need to open an exsisting excel and word file by clicking on a menu item. just not sure what the code is to open that exsisting file, with out using the openfiledialog. if someone could help me out with this i would be grateful. thanks.
    :

First to get word or excel U need to add an 'reference' to a 'com'-component. Microsoft excel 10.0 object library and Microsoft word 10.0 object library. Then add microsoft office spreedsheet to the toolbox (Again it is a com object.. :) ) and U have an object to work with. And probably something equal with word. oki??

I have never tried working with it so i dont know if this is the best way of doing this.

But at least U have something.
    :)