Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

linux schedular !!!!!!

hi
would anyone plese tell me how to write a schedular. i wanna execute my program(written in C) exe daily on startup and whenever user have scheduled it to execute(say in every 3hrs, 7hrs etc). will it be written in c or is there any readymade module/function to write a schedular .
waiting for reply
bye

Comments

• abcabc Member Posts: 443
    : hi
    : would anyone plese tell me how to write a schedular. i wanna execute my program(written in C) exe daily on startup and whenever user have scheduled it to execute(say in every 3hrs, 7hrs etc). will it be written in c or is there any readymade module/function to write a schedular .
    : waiting for reply
    : bye
    :

for scheduling use cron; for startup it depends on how you want to run it (rc.local, shell's global/local profile, xsession)
  • abcabc Member Posts: 443
    : hi
    : would anyone plese tell me how to write a schedular. i wanna execute my program(written in C) exe daily on startup and whenever user have scheduled it to execute(say in every 3hrs, 7hrs etc). will it be written in c or is there any readymade module/function to write a schedular .
    : waiting for reply
    : bye

if you need answers post questions here. if you don't know how to use a command try the man page. on the other hand, since your program is an 'exe', are you sure you posted to the right board?