How to scan network... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to scan network...

PsightoplazmPsightoplazm Posts: 332Member ✭✭
Could someone please help me with a "How To" on seeing other computer connected to a local network. Weather it be on the same windows network or domain or be able to search the entire local network. I know that manually I can find computers on a network using Network Neighborhood, but since that is not a logical directory I would like to know how to find it with code.
Does anyone know how to do this?
><//~Psightoplasm`~

Comments

• rizwan1217rizwan1217 Posts: 88Member
    : Could someone please help me with a "How To" on seeing other computer connected to a local network. Weather it be on the same windows network or domain or be able to search the entire local network. I know that manually I can find computers on a network using Network Neighborhood, but since that is not a logical directory I would like to know how to find it with code.
    : Does anyone know how to do this?
    : ><//~Psightoplasm`~
    :
    [b]
    [code]
    Private Declare Function GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" Alias _
    "GetComputerNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Function ComputerName() As String

' Returns the name of the local computer.
    Dim BUFFER As String * 512, Length As Long
    Length = Len(BUFFER)
    If GetComputerName(BUFFER, Length) Then
    ' this API returns non-zero if successful,
    ' and modifies the length argument
    ComputerName = Left(BUFFER, Length)
    End If

End Function
    [/code]
    [/b]