Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Is there a difference?

jtm62jtm62 Posts: 8Member
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to do a science fair project using rollercoaster simulation. I would like to use graphics for this so, my question is
Is there a big difference between turbo pascal 6.0 and dev-pascal 1.9.

Thanks for the help
Josh

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : Hey everyone,
    :
    : I'm looking to do a science fair project using rollercoaster simulation. I would like to use graphics for this so, my question is
    : Is there a big difference between turbo pascal 6.0 and dev-pascal 1.9.

Well, TP6 is a DOS compiler, and Dev-Pascal uses a Win32 compiler (Dev-Pascal is really only an IDE for the GNU Pascal and Free Pascal compilers) so right away that's a pretty big difference.

Language wise, if you use Dev-Pascal with the GNU Pascal compiler, there are a lot of differences since it doesn't support a lot of the "Borland-isms". Free Pascal is quite compatable with Borland's compilers in most cases, but probably not in graphics applications.

So if you're starting from scratch, it doesnt really matter what you use (Personally I would go with a Win32 compiler though). But if you already have a code base using one of the compilers, it may not compile with the others so you should probably stick with it.