DAO Connection - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

DAO Connection

m_jaberm_jaber Posts: 1Member
Hi All ,
i used to connect to Access using DAO and Visual Basic 6 , by declaring DataBase and Rocordsets , how can i connect to Access Using VB.NET (DAO) !! , or should i use ADO.Net Only
Regards

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    : Hi All ,
    : i used to connect to Access using DAO and Visual Basic 6 , by declaring DataBase and Rocordsets , how can i connect to Access Using VB.NET (DAO) !! , or should i use ADO.Net Only
    : Regards
    :

DAO is real old, even obsolete for VB6. My advice is to use ADO.NET. Its not hard to learn at all. If your using MS Access then you will be concerned with the System.Data.OleDb namespace.

Create a connection to the database via:

OleDbConnection object

Execute SQL statements or Stored Procedures:

OleDbCommand

Return a forward only recordset type object:

OleDbDataReader

Create memory resident databases with joins, relationships, and constraints:

OleDbDataAdapter
    DataSet
    DataView
    DataTable
    DataColumn
    DataRow

If you have to stick with old database API, I would at least use classic ADO which you can reference through COM interop.