Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Newbie with starting and setup questions

BattleGuardBattleGuard Posts: 166Member
Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net but not to programmersheaven, and web forms. Heh, I've never really done anything besides Javascript, and HTML in web programming, and was hoping to get started with ASP.NET(C#)... And I have a book -- MCAD/MCSD Training-developing Web Applications with Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET -- and I was thinking, can I use ASP.Net on a Windows XP Home edition??? Thanx a bunch, and I have a couple of other question, but I'll ask them later!!! Thanx

BattleGuard
[hr]
True power comes from within, people with muscles have no power at all. Those who have true power will say nothing. And those who don't have true power will brag...
--Anonymous

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    : Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net but not to programmersheaven, and web forms. Heh, I've never really done anything besides Javascript, and HTML in web programming, and was hoping to get started with ASP.NET(C#)... And I have a book -- MCAD/MCSD Training-developing Web Applications with Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET -- and I was thinking, can I use ASP.Net on a Windows XP Home edition??? Thanx a bunch, and I have a couple of other question, but I'll ask them later!!! Thanx
    :
    : BattleGuard
    : [hr]
    : True power comes from within, people with muscles have no power at all. Those who have true power will say nothing. And those who don't have true power will brag...
    : --Anonymous
    :

.NET is supported under windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP

The only thing is that u need at least Windows 2000 to run an ASP.NET application using IIS, which automatically qualifies any version of XP. To run on NT requires aservice pack or something.

• vanithvanith Posts: 44Member
    : Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net but not to programmersheaven, and web forms. Heh, I've never really done anything besides Javascript, and HTML in web programming, and was hoping to get started with ASP.NET(C#)... And I have a book -- MCAD/MCSD Training-developing Web Applications with Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET -- and I was thinking, can I use ASP.Net on a Windows XP Home edition??? Thanx a bunch, and I have a couple of other question, but I'll ask them later!!! Thanx
    :
    : BattleGuard
    : [hr]
    : True power comes from within, people with muscles have no power at all. Those who have true power will say nothing. And those who don't have true power will brag...
    : --Anonymous
    :

Hey,

On winXP home edition, You can try this new Cassini Sample webserver from www.ASP.net

http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=7&tabid=41

This allows you to run one site at a time. You can start coding in ASP.net

:)heers,
    Vanith

• cvd4311cvd4311 Posts: 2Member
    : : Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net but not to programmersheaven, and web forms. Heh, I've never really done anything besides Javascript, and HTML in web programming, and was hoping to get started with ASP.NET(C#)... And I have a book -- MCAD/MCSD Training-developing Web Applications with Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET -- and I was thinking, can I use ASP.Net on a Windows XP Home edition??? Thanx a bunch, and I have a couple of other question, but I'll ask them later!!! Thanx
    : :
    : : BattleGuard
    : : [hr]
    : : True power comes from within, people with muscles have no power at all. Those who have true power will say nothing. And those who don't have true power will brag...
    : : --Anonymous
    : :
    :
    :
    : Hey,
    :
    : On winXP home edition, You can try this new Cassini Sample webserver from www.ASP.net
    :
    : http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=7&tabid=41
    :
    : This allows you to run one site at a time. You can start coding in ASP.net
    :
    : :)heers,
    : Vanith
    :

I am taking this course now, and my instructor said that I could use XP home with the web matrix server.
    :
    :