Programming a chat room... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Programming a chat room...

YnotYnot Posts: 113Member
[b][red]This message was edited by Ynot at 2003-9-7 7:22:25[/red][/b][hr]
Hiya!

I'm in the process of [b]trying[/b] to program a chat room. But having absolutely no idea about how to go about it [b]properly[/b].

I've gotten a server to accept connections, and to accept messages from any number of connected clients, but I don't have a clue of how to forward the messages to every running client. I tried putting the client info into an array, but the array never seems to be updated.

Could anyone point me to a good resource that would clearly outline the theory behind writing a chatroom? Or maybe, if possible you could post that up here?

Thanks for your help,
Tony.

Comments

• ermcoolermcool Posts: 246Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Ynot at 2003-9-7 7:22:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hiya!
    :
    : I'm in the process of [b]trying[/b] to program a chat room. But having absolutely no idea about how to go about it [b]properly[/b].
    :
    : I've gotten a server to accept connections, and to accept messages from any number of connected clients, but I don't have a clue of how to forward the messages to every running client. I tried putting the client info into an array, but the array never seems to be updated.
    :
    : Could anyone point me to a good resource that would clearly outline the theory behind writing a chatroom? Or maybe, if possible you could post that up here?
    :
    : Thanks for your help,
    : Tony.
    :
    Its polite to post your source code:)
  • treshrtreshr Posts: 326Member
    I've got a tutorial about creating a java chat server etc. But I need your email address to send it to you.

So if you want, I'd like to have it.

--=][tReShR][=--

• YnotYnot Posts: 113Member
    My e-mail is:

[email protected]

:) Thanks for that. :)
    'Twill be a great help! :)

Tony.

/*
    Those of you who believe in psychokenesis, raise my hand.
    */
  • treshrtreshr Posts: 326Member
    OK, I sended it to you.
    I hope it helps you out.

--=][tReShR][=--

• esolisaesolisa Posts: 1Member
    Good night:

Could you also send me the same tutorial?

I`m trying to develop a chat application under java.

Thanks a lot

Enrique Solis
    [email protected]
  • sohbetisohbeti Posts: 58Member
    This post has been deleted.
  • PriapusPriapus Posts: 36Member
    Hi,
    I'm also interested in developing a similar application. Can you send me the tutorial on developing a java chat server as well?

Thanks.
  • fabrilousfabrilous Posts: 1Member
    I wanna have the same tutorial, it will help me cause i want to do the same project. Send it at [email protected]
    Thx a loooooooot!!!!