Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Linux Vs Freebsd Is there really any comparison

jakeriversjakerivers Posts: 2Member
[b][red]This message was edited by jakerivers at 2003-9-4 1:41:35[/red][/b][hr]
The cyber duo Matt Olander and Murray Stokely, appeared yesterday on Tech TVs Show the Screen Savers. The pair appeared with Don Marti, an editor of Linux Journal for a head to head comparison of FreeBSD vs. Linux. While I was most impressed with the demonstrated advances both operating systems have reached, I was not impressed with the brevity of the segment. There is just too much to cover in one short 60 sec clip. There are endless issues that remain to be covered, hardware compatibility, drivers, kernel loadable modules, ports, etc, if we are ever going to enlighten business institutions as to the advantages, and viability of open source OS such as FreeBSD, and Linux. Just the same I wish to pay tribute, and tip my hat to these young lads, for their contributions to the Cause.
Cheers,
Jake Rivers

El do del ciber Matt Olander y Murray Stokely, aparecido ayer en televisin Tcnicas Muestra a los Salvadores de Pantalla. El par apareci con Don Marti, un redactor de Diario de Linux para una cabeza para dirigir la comparacin de FreeBSD vs. Linux. Mientras era muy impresionado con los avances demostrados ambos sistemas operativos han alcanzado, yo no fui impresionado con la brevedad del segmento. All apenas deber cubrir demasiado en uno corto 60 clip de la sec. Hay los asuntos interminables que permanece para ser cubierto, la compatibilidad de hardware, los conductores, mdulos de loadable de meollo, los puertos, etc, si aclararemos jams las instituciones del negocio en cuanto a las ventajas, y la viabilidad de la fuente O abierta tal como FreeBSD, y de Linux. Apenas el mismo deseo pagar el tributo, e inclinar mi sombrero a estos muchachos jvenes, para sus contribuciones a la Causa.

Cheers,
J@keR1ver5

Comments

• jakeriversjakerivers Posts: 2Member
    Does any one know if there are anly plans by any one else to conduct a show comparing linux vs freebsd?

: [b][red]This message was edited by jakerivers at 2003-9-4 1:41:35[/red][/b][hr]
    : The cyber duo Matt Olander and Murray Stokely, appeared yesterday on Tech TVs Show the Screen Savers. The pair appeared with Don Marti, an editor of Linux Journal for a head to head comparison of FreeBSD vs. Linux. While I was most impressed with the demonstrated advances both operating systems have reached, I was not impressed with the brevity of the segment. There is just too much to cover in one short 60 sec clip. There are endless issues that remain to be covered, hardware compatibility, drivers, kernel loadable modules, ports, etc, if we are ever going to enlighten business institutions as to the advantages, and viability of open source OS such as FreeBSD, and Linux. Just the same I wish to pay tribute, and tip my hat to these young lads, for their contributions to the Cause.
    : Cheers,
    : Jake Rivers
    :
    :
    : El do del ciber Matt Olander y Murray Stokely, aparecido ayer en televisin Tcnicas Muestra a los Salvadores de Pantalla. El par apareci con Don Marti, un redactor de Diario de Linux para una cabeza para dirigir la comparacin de FreeBSD vs. Linux. Mientras era muy impresionado con los avances demostrados ambos sistemas operativos han alcanzado, yo no fui impresionado con la brevedad del segmento. All apenas deber cubrir demasiado en uno corto 60 clip de la sec. Hay los asuntos interminables que permanece para ser cubierto, la compatibilidad de hardware, los conductores, mdulos de loadable de meollo, los puertos, etc, si aclararemos jams las instituciones del negocio en cuanto a las ventajas, y la viabilidad de la fuente O abierta tal como FreeBSD, y de Linux. Apenas el mismo deseo pagar el tributo, e inclinar mi sombrero a estos muchachos jvenes, para sus contribuciones a la Causa.
    :
    : Cheers,
    : J@keR1ver5
    :
    :
    :
    :