Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

need help with getimage

mojmmojm Posts: 2Member
do you know, in what format pascal saves images with getmage procedure?

Comments

• PerranPerran Posts: 241Member
    : do you know, in what format pascal saves images with getmage procedure?
    :
    It saves them in the same format as the data in the screen buffer.
  • mojmmojm Posts: 2Member
    : : do you know, in what format pascal saves images with getmage procedure?
    : :
    : It saves them in the same format as the data in the screen buffer.
    :
    I know ... but I need to know exactly how does it saves data to screen buffer ... I must show BMP 4-bit file to the screen without using putpixel procedure ... just with putimage and i don't know, what's structure of data in buffer.
    I'd really get use for some help
    thanks ... Mojm
  • PerranPerran Posts: 241Member
    : : : do you know, in what format pascal saves images with getmage procedure?
    : : :
    : : It saves them in the same format as the data in the screen buffer.
    : :
    : I know ... but I need to know exactly how does it saves data to screen buffer ... I must show BMP 4-bit file to the screen without using putpixel procedure ... just with putimage and i don't know, what's structure of data in buffer.
    : I'd really get use for some help
    : thanks ... Mojm
    :
    I hope I'm not misunderstanding you again. Here's a link that will get you the internal structure of a four-bit .bmp:

http://www.wotsit.org/search.asp?s=graphics

In the screen buffer each pixel has its own color data that is stored immediately after the pixel itself. The bad news is that all of the X,Y stuff is taken care of by your RTL. You will have to deal with screen resolutions and all of that. You're in for a bit of coding. I don't know what kind of tools you're using, but if you want to know how Pascal stores the data internally, write a little proc that gets a *small* bit of the screen and look at it with your debugger. Declare the variable as a local, and it will be in the stack segment. If I'm still off the mark post back.