Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

UDP Chat Example Problem ...

onearthonearth Member Posts: 4
Hello everybody

I was looking for a UDP server/Client example so as i was browsing in the NET i found "How Do I...Make a chat client with UDPClient?"

The URL Is - http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/default.aspx?url=/quickstart/howto/doc/TCPUDP/broadcastChatClient.aspx

I downloaded the example and and run the example twise and still i couldn't communicate between them. as this is a chat which should send text lines between themselves..
Do you know why can't I communicate between two UDP client/servers in the same computer in this example.. (it uses MulticastGroup)?
The example seems to be Client/Server so every Chat App is Client/Server..

Would be gald to hear opinions and suggestions..
In Regards,
Dror

Comments

• jcrackerjcracker Member Posts: 6
    While I didn't look at the code from the link below I'd venture a guess that both Client and Server are using the same IP and Port to communicate. When Client and Server are on different machines it should work correctly.

: Hello everybody
    :
    : I was looking for a UDP server/Client example so as i was browsing in the NET i found "How Do I...Make a chat client with UDPClient?"
    :
    : The URL Is - http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/default.aspx?url=/quickstart/howto/doc/TCPUDP/broadcastChatClient.aspx
    :
    : I downloaded the example and and run the example twise and still i couldn't communicate between them. as this is a chat which should send text lines between themselves..
    : Do you know why can't I communicate between two UDP client/servers in the same computer in this example.. (it uses MulticastGroup)?
    : The example seems to be Client/Server so every Chat App is Client/Server..
    :
    : Would be gald to hear opinions and suggestions..
    : In Regards,
    : Dror
    :

• sohbetisohbeti Member Posts: 58
    This post has been deleted.