Controlling Loaded Movie Clips - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Controlling Loaded Movie Clips

bgibbybgibby Posts: 251Member
Hi all,

I've been frustrated with this stupid problem for about 30 mins now. Can anyone help?

I've got a SWF called Sound Controller, that has a function called loadSoundFile(fileName). It does just that.

When I run that movie, the sound loads fine and all is well.

I have made it generic enuf to become a loaded movie into something else.

So I've created a temp flash movie to load the Sound Controller. I can get the movie to load into the temp flash movie fine, but I can't seem to control any of the functions in it.

I believe it could be something to do with the fact that I used _root.whatever in the Sound Controller and that now that I've loaded the Sound Controller into the temp flash movie the paths are conflicting or something.

I want to be able to call a function inside the Sound Controller (ie. loadSoundFile(fileName)) so that the temp flash Movie can load the sounds dynamically.

Can someone please tell me how to do this, plus how not to confuse the paths in both the movies (ie. how to use the _levelN or relative paths)

Many thanks in advance!
Bradley q:)