Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

what to choose ? DX or GL ?

hspchspc Member Posts: 9
Hi,,
What is better for making 2D , 3D graphics ?
OpenGL ,DirectX(Direct3d,DirectDraw) ?
I don't know niehter but want to change this :) !!
I discussed this with friends but they had differnt opinions..
please let me know your opinions :)

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    I don't want to be mean but these posts are really irritating especially if the same post is right below it.

http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=6&MsgID=207485&Setting=A9999F0001

: Hi,,
    : What is better for making 2D , 3D graphics ?
    : OpenGL ,DirectX(Direct3d,DirectDraw) ?
    : I don't know niehter but want to change this :) !!
    : I discussed this with friends but they had differnt opinions..
    : please let me know your opinions :)
    :
    :

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : I don't want to be mean but these posts are really irritating especially if the same post is right below it.
    :
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=6&MsgID=207485&Setting=A9999F0001

Yeah they do get kind of old. I wish I could sticky posts like that up top, like in the UBB forums I run for my online gaming clan. It really helps cut down on repeat messages.

Basic run-down of the two is this:
    GL is faster, looks much better on GL-compliant cards (nVidia, 3dfx), is a thousand times easier to use due to having more built-in functions than D3D, and is portable to Linux, Unix, and even Mac.

D3D is VERY slow in comparison on any card, is MUCH harder to learn, and only works on Windows. However, D3D is more compatible with video-cards than GL.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]