Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

ORACLE jobs

dezinetechdezinetech Member Posts: 4
Does anyone know what field/category in ORACLE is hot right now in the business industry. i.e. programming with Java. oracle DBA, Builder, etc.....?

I'm thinking about getting certified in oracle but don't know in what category yet (programming, DBA, Builder, Business suites, etc..). If anyone out there knows what's hot right now let me know because the bottom line is knowing what category is high in demand.

Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    [b][red]This message was edited by infidel at 2003-8-20 12:14:42[/red][/b][hr]
    : Does anyone know what field/category in ORACLE is hot right now in the business industry. i.e. programming with Java. oracle DBA, Builder, etc.....?
    :
    : I'm thinking about getting certified in oracle but don't know in what category yet (programming, DBA, Builder, Business suites, etc..). If anyone out there knows what's hot right now let me know because the bottom line is knowing what category is high in demand.
    :
    : Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hear a lot of people around here refer to "Oracle Financials". Not sure what that is, but it sounds big. Oracle is big on Java, and lately really big on Linux. I would think that being a Linux Oracle DBA would be a hot title right now.

Bottom line, though, get certified and find jobs doing what you like, not what is "hot".

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• dezinetechdezinetech Member Posts: 4
    : [b][red]This message was edited by infidel at 2003-8-20 12:14:42[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Does anyone know what field/category in ORACLE is hot right now in the business industry. i.e. programming with Java. oracle DBA, Builder, etc.....?
    : :
    : : I'm thinking about getting certified in oracle but don't know in what category yet (programming, DBA, Builder, Business suites, etc..). If anyone out there knows what's hot right now let me know because the bottom line is knowing what category is high in demand.
    : : Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    : I hear a lot of people around here refer to "Oracle Financials". Not sure what that is, but it sounds big. Oracle is big on Java, and lately really big on Linux. I would think that being a Linux Oracle DBA would be a hot title right now.
    :
    : Bottom line, though, get certified and find jobs doing what you like, not what is "hot".
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :
    Hey thanks for the info. You're definitely right about doing what you like is far better than more dollar signs; however, money does play a 50/50 role in the decision making. Fortunately for me, Im pretty versatile in the IT world. As long as it deals with technology, Im there. I think I should go with the Linux/oracle DBA certification, actually I think its oracle DBA and just mastering the Linux admin at home. I think java is great but hardcore programming is just not for me. Thats why Im leaning towards the Admin side of the industry. But if anyone out there likes/loves Java, goodstick with itit will play a huge role in the future.and jobs are plentiful
    <<AL Manisa;

• rikb53rikb53 Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    you can get your interium OCA (Oracle Certified Associate) for Development with two tests. and one is un-proctored and you can take online. that's the intro to SQL($90) , then the 1ZO-101 test PL/SQL ($125) - and you dont have to study O_forms, which not too many companies are using.
    and with university vouchers you save 40%
    i went this route and then thru VB dot Net.
    my company, continental airlines is going web big time and using ASP and oracle as well as VB dot net. VB was a natural progression into this. but, i had to spend two years gettting the pre-reqs just to start the oracle classes.

: : [b][red]This message was edited by infidel at 2003-8-20 12:14:42[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Does anyone know what field/category in ORACLE is hot right now in the business industry. i.e. programming with Java. oracle DBA, Builder, etc.....?
    : : :
    : : : I'm thinking about getting certified in oracle but don't know in what category yet (programming, DBA, Builder, Business suites, etc..). If anyone out there knows what's hot right now let me know because the bottom line is knowing what category is high in demand.
    : : :
    : : : Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    : : I hear a lot of people around here refer to "Oracle Financials". Not sure what that is, but it sounds big. Oracle is big on Java, and lately really big on Linux. I would think that being a Linux Oracle DBA would be a hot title right now.
    : : Bottom line, though, get certified and find jobs doing what you like, not what is "hot".
    : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : Hey thanks for the info. You're definitely right about doing what you like is far better than more dollar signs; however, money does play a 50/50 role in the decision making. Fortunately for me, Im pretty versatile in the IT world. As long as it deals with technology, Im there. I think I should go with the Linux/oracle DBA certification, actually I think its oracle DBA and just mastering the Linux admin at home. I think java is great but hardcore programming is just not for me. Thats why Im leaning towards the Admin side of the industry. But if anyone out there likes/loves Java, goodstick with itit will play a huge role in the future.and jobs are plentiful
    : <<AL Manisa;
    :
    :