Search engines and PHP - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Search engines and PHP

iancianc Posts: 1Member
1. I learnt some MySQL, some PHP and designed a database-driven website (www.crescentplayers.org.uk).
2. I patted myself on the back.
3. I discovered that Google apparently does not index the data. An old non-database version of the website (hosted at bizzi.biz) had been indexed fully, and still exists in the Google cache.
But with the new site (hosted at sortmysite.com), it seems Google has only looked at the meta tags. There is nothing in the cache.
In other words, the PHP is not rendering the actual HTML as far as Google is concerned.

How can I create a dynamic site and have it indexed as well?

Could I run a CGI script to create static HTML every day? If so, are there likely to be any ready-made scripts out there or have I got to learn another couple of languages?!

Comments