Using existing source files in KDevelop - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using existing source files in KDevelop

MatthewDMatthewD Posts: 297Member
Hi all,

I am just getting started with KDevelop.

I currently have a project that I'm developing in MS Visual Studio, which resides on a Fat32 partition (mounted by Linux). I would love to be able to continue developing it now in KDev. I am required to maintain the Visual Studio project by my company. So I need to access all those existing files, and modify them (I cannot maintain 2 source trees). The project is a console project written in standard C++. So this shouldn't be a problem.

I created a new KDev console project in my home directory. I created a Hello World main file and built it. Things are looking good.

But when I tried to add existing files, it makes a copy of them in the project directory. This is not what I'm looking for, as I would then have 2 copies of each source file.

I tried soft linking to each file, but when I added them to the KDev project, it said that the files didn't exist.

Any suggestions here (and general comments about simultaneous Visual Studio and KDev project development)?

Thanks a lot.
Matthew
www.mpeavy.com

Comments