Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Exploit_DcomRPC virus

ums_02ums_02 Member Posts: 7
When i start my system,a window pops saying that an infected file is present in my hard disk and the file name is TFTP with extensions like 685,796,etc and the extensions keep changing whenever i start the system.it indicates the virus name is exploit_DcomRPC and when i shutdown the system,a window pops up saying "RPC terminated unexpectedly".the file gets deleted when i delete it.but when i reboot the system,another file with different extension number is coming.
can anyone help me to overcome this problem?

Comments

• NIN666NIN666 Member Posts: 90
    : When i start my system,a window pops saying that an infected file is present in my hard disk and the file name is TFTP with extensions like 685,796,etc and the extensions keep changing whenever i start the system.it indicates the virus name is exploit_DcomRPC and when i shutdown the system,a window pops up saying "RPC terminated unexpectedly".the file gets deleted when i delete it.but when i reboot the system,another file with different extension number is coming.
    : can anyone help me to overcome this problem?
    :
    :

All I can suggest is that you disable RPC, it isn't actually required to be running, and it may fix your problem.
    [hr]Ethereal software and Mag monitors, doesn't get much better now does it?