Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

hit by w32.blaster.worm virus please help?

rhino_griffrhino_griff Posts: 49Member

ive been hit by grade 4 virus w32.blaster.worm virus which is trying to control my computer remotely....its the latest virus to appear and it uses RPC protocol

i hav downloaded a patch and have run a fixblast.exe...but the i think it dropped a shell somewhere where i cannot find it....

think i hav it under control but on the 16th of this month its meant to cause many other system failures!!

if any body has any suggustions with regards debugging the virus or resistry editing could u please help..

the text contained in the virus was

"i lov u san.billy gates why do u let this possible.fix your software."

rhino_griff

Comments

• tom_swtom_sw Posts: 828Member
    :
    : ive been hit by grade 4 virus w32.blaster.worm virus which is trying to control my computer remotely....its the latest virus to appear and it uses RPC protocol
    :
    : i hav downloaded a patch and have run a fixblast.exe...but the i think it dropped a shell somewhere where i cannot find it....
    :
    : think i hav it under control but on the 16th of this month its meant to cause many other system failures!!
    :
    : if any body has any suggustions with regards debugging the virus or resistry editing could u please help..
    :
    : the text contained in the virus was
    :
    : "i lov u san.billy gates why do u let this possible.fix your software."
    :
    : rhino_griff
    :
    HAve you gone to the McAfee or Symantec web sites and looked up this virus to see what they suggest doing to fix it?
  • rhino_griffrhino_griff Posts: 49Member
    : :
    : : ive been hit by grade 4 virus w32.blaster.worm virus which is trying to control my computer remotely....its the latest virus to appear and it uses RPC protocol
    : : i hav downloaded a patch and have run a fixblast.exe...but the i think it dropped a shell somewhere where i cannot find it....
    : : think i hav it under control but on the 16th of this month its meant to cause many other system failures!!
    : : if any body has any suggustions with regards debugging the virus or resistry editing could u please help..
    : : the text contained in the virus was
    : : "i lov u san.billy gates why do u let this possible.fix your software."
    : : rhino_griff
    : HAve you gone to the McAfee or Symantec web sites and looked up this virus to see what they suggest doing to fix it?
    :

yes i hav but the removal tool doesnt seem to be able to find the dropped shell.

• kochharkochhar Posts: 22Member
    :
    : yes i hav but the removal tool doesnt seem to be able to find the dropped shell.
    :
    Note the date and time that the msblast.exe file (in windowssystem32)
    was modified, then do a search on your C: drive for any other files
    created on the same date and around the same time. You can use
    the "Advanced" Search in Windows Explorer for this.