Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

I need an idea for a very simple console game

The title say's it all

Comments

• smallssmalls Member Posts: 2
    : The title say's it all
    : hi my name is Dayo i am also in your shoes only that i dont know anything about programming so i wouldnt mind if u would give a little bit of coaching or training when you get the idea my i would like to write a game on soccer. thanks

Smalls[size=1/blue]

• amon32amon32 Member Posts: 1
    : : The title say's it all
    : : hi my name is Dayo i am also in your shoes only that i dont know anything about programming so i wouldnt mind if u would give a little bit of coaching or training when you get the idea my i would like to write a game on soccer. thanks
    :
    : Smalls[size=1/blue]
    :
    :

I am a little slow so you can steal my idea if you want. I been working on the concept for about 2 years and actually thought of it about 8 years ago.

go here to see the plot www.druidgate.pcgamernet.com
    go here for the movie sound I was going to use: http://www.druidgate.pcgamernet.com/sound/druidgateThemefull.wma

That was going to be a Balron slowly coming out of the first druid gate (you'll understand when you read the plot.
  • stumpsstumps Member Posts: 4
    Start with what worked the first time.
    Pong.

And then make variants inside of it.

- Instead of a Pong Paddle, the player gets a character (a simple one)
    - Instead of a Pong Ball, the game uses a "Razor Ball"
    - Instead of trying to make a Pong ball pass a Pong paddle, the players will try to hit their opponent with the Razor Ball.

DISCUSSION:
    How do we make this interesting as a game?

1) Make about 5 to 10 different characters who each have their own bonuses inside of the game.

2) Make the levels(or arenas) interactive and with obsticles.
    (Meaning that there are objects or elements inside of the arena that the players may throw the Razor Ball at, punch, or jump on to either receive some item or bonus feature [like "+5 life" for example], or trigger/cause an negative effect towards either their opponent or the arena in general.

3) For further customization, the players could be allowed to choose between styles of Razor Balls that they use as a character. Only one Razor Ball will be used during play, however the previously mentioned custom picked Razor Ball will be used on that characters home turf arena.

FOLLOW-UP:
    This is a very basic idea and I could expand upon this to just about infinate ends later on if you would like me to, but as the title suggested, you wished for a simple idea.
    Just for a taste-test of what could be done.
    - Players could create characters from a point-based generation system for the ultimate customization.
    - Training for improved movements, and skills could be added.
    - Team modes
    - Alternate variations, like a skydiving Arena for Razor Ball.
    etc..

Hope this helps
    -Stumps