Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Error in XPath expression: Cannot use result tree fragment.

KubeuKubeu Posts: 8Member
[b][red]This message was edited by Kubeu at 2003-8-3 3:21:28[/red][/b][hr]
Hi.
What im trying to do is to copy and sort some nodes into a variable first and then to display them from that variable using .
The code looks like this:

[code]

[/code]

What I get is "Error in XPath expression: Cannot use result tree fragment.".
This line is the problem:

Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Kubeu at 2003-8-3 3:21:28[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi.
    : What im trying to do is to copy and sort some nodes into a variable first and then to display them from that variable using .
    : The code looks like this:
    :
    : [code]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    : What I get is "Error in XPath expression: Cannot use result tree fragment.".
    : This line is the problem:
    :
    : Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

My guess is that you can't for-each over the arbitrary tree fragment you created in your variable. Purely a guess, though, based on the error generated. Perhaps you could use two stylesheets and two transforms. One to sort the records and the second to format your output?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]