need to fdisk, del partitions, add partitions. what is CDROM DOS drvr? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

need to fdisk, del partitions, add partitions. what is CDROM DOS drvr?

Alli2k2Alli2k2 Posts: 4Member
i need to be certain old data is removed from a Gateway 2000 so it can be given to some children for the upcoming school year. the data must not be retrievable even by experts, like you. i know to 1)boot disk, 2)fdisk, choose option to 3)delete partitions, then 4) add partitions. i've been told i'll need a CD-ROM DOS driver and will need to know how to load it. i don't even know what it is. how do i get one, how do i use it, what's it for, and is there any way around using it? thanks.
Terri
aka: [email protected]
aka: [email protected]