Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to refresh an TImage object?

Hi! I use OpenGL to draw on a TImage object. When I Clear the buffer and redraw the graph, I found the the image in TImage object doesn't changes immediately. Only when I use another window to cover the TImage object and discover it again, the covered part of TImage is updated.
How can I solve this problem and let it update itself immediately?
Thank you!

Comments

• earth_walkerearth_walker Posts: 184Member
    Hi!
    I find a very irregular method:
    after redrawing the buffer, assign False to the "Visible" field of TImage object then assign it to True immediately. This operation is equal to quickly cover it and expose it again.
    I also tried to use the "refresh" method of the Canvas on the TImage object, but it doesn't work.
    Is there any better method?
    Thank you!
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi!
    : I find a very irregular method:
    : after redrawing the buffer, assign False to the "Visible" field of TImage object then assign it to True immediately. This operation is equal to quickly cover it and expose it again.
    : I also tried to use the "refresh" method of the Canvas on the TImage object, but it doesn't work.
    : Is there any better method?
    : Thank you!
    :
    Refresh or Repaint of the TImage itself might be the solution.
  • earth_walkerearth_walker Posts: 184Member
    Thank you!