Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ricktorricktor Posts: 3Member
iam trying to using a button and a herf open a small java script function this i have done fine.

Next get the function to change the htm files loaded into two seperate iframes

frame is the name of one and frame 3 the other

each iframe is in a differnt layer on one main page

can some one help me please so stuck

thanx

Comments

• lillulillu Posts: 308Member
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted:

An iframe is a layer on its own. I did not quite get how you actually wanted to display these iframes. On top of each other showing one at a time or show both simultaneously?

function loadFrames()
    {
    document.frame2.location.href = "frame2.htm";
    document.frame3.location.href = "frame3.htm";
    }

Lillu

: iam trying to using a button and a herf open a small java script function this i have done fine.
    :
    : Next get the function to change the htm files loaded into two seperate iframes
    :
    : frame is the name of one and frame 3 the other
    :
    : each iframe is in a differnt layer on one main page
    :
    : can some one help me please so stuck
    :
    : thanx
    :

• ricktorricktor Posts: 3Member
    hi thanx so much works a treat except thats for forms on the main page

i used what you said and it worked great but then i looked at what i was doing and it was in the wrong page i put the code in the main page when i realy needed it in a different page,

ill explain more -

i have a main page arguments sake call it index ,index has two iframes in layers it also has buttons i want it so that i click a button on index and it loads a htm page into one of the iframes say frame1 then that html page has choices of links all which change the contens of frame1 and the second frame aswell its complicated

to sum up the link to change the frames contents and the second frmae is coming from a page loaded into one of the frames in the main page

does this make sence i hope so thanx for all your help

rick
  • StannyBoyStannyBoy Posts: 115Member
    The way to change one iframe's content from another iframe is just

top.document.frame2.location.href = "frame2.htm";

SB

: hi thanx so much works a treat except thats for forms on the main page
    :
    : i used what you said and it worked great but then i looked at what i was doing and it was in the wrong page i put the code in the main page when i realy needed it in a different page,
    :
    : ill explain more -
    :
    : i have a main page arguments sake call it index ,index has two iframes in layers it also has buttons i want it so that i click a button on index and it loads a htm page into one of the iframes say frame1 then that html page has choices of links all which change the contens of frame1 and the second frame aswell its complicated
    :
    : to sum up the link to change the frames contents and the second frmae is coming from a page loaded into one of the frames in the main page
    :
    : does this make sence i hope so thanx for all your help
    :
    : rick
    :

• ricktorricktor Posts: 3Member
    works great thanx

rick