SQL filter by date - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

SQL filter by date

fredspsfredsps Posts: 2Member
I am programming my first dynamic site for a local music company and I am doing it in coldfusion on request by the client. Anyways, the site has a "shows.cfm" page that displays all of the upcoming local music shows in the area as submitted by users into the database. The problem I am having is how do I query so that the only shows that get posted are upcoming shows, and it doesnt get the shows that have already passed. I need it to filter by date but I can not figure out how. What would be the easiest way to go about this? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• fredspsfredsps Posts: 2Member
    : I am programming my first dynamic site for a local music company and I am doing it in coldfusion on request by the client. Anyways, the site has a "shows.cfm" page that displays all of the upcoming local music shows in the area as submitted by users into the database. The problem I am having is how do I query so that the only shows that get posted are upcoming shows, and it doesnt get the shows that have already passed. I need it to filter by date but I can not figure out how. What would be the easiest way to go about this? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    :
    Here is my code so far, it doesnt work:(

SELECT * FROM SHOWS WHERE "Date" >= '#DATE#'