SQL filter by date - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

SQL filter by date

fredspsfredsps Posts: 2Member
I am programming my first dynamic site for a local music company and I am doing it in coldfusion on request by the client. Anyways, the site has a "shows.cfm" page that displays all of the upcoming local music shows in the area as submitted by users into the database. The problem I am having is how do I query so that the only shows that get posted are upcoming shows, and it doesnt get the shows that have already passed. I need it to filter by date but I can not figure out how. What would be the easiest way to go about this? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• fredspsfredsps Posts: 2Member
    : I am programming my first dynamic site for a local music company and I am doing it in coldfusion on request by the client. Anyways, the site has a "shows.cfm" page that displays all of the upcoming local music shows in the area as submitted by users into the database. The problem I am having is how do I query so that the only shows that get posted are upcoming shows, and it doesnt get the shows that have already passed. I need it to filter by date but I can not figure out how. What would be the easiest way to go about this? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    :
    Here is my code so far, it doesnt work:(

SELECT * FROM SHOWS WHERE "Date" >= '#DATE#'