Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to compile a stand-alone program file?

Hi! I used Delphi5 and compile a project.

I copy the resulted .exe file and the .DLL(from another project) file with it to another computer. The other computer popup an message that:
"The dynamic link library borlndmn.dll could be found in the specified path....."

I don't want tho copy all the .DLL files. How can I make a hard link to avoid it?

Thank you!

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi! I used Delphi5 and compile a project.
    :
    : I copy the resulted .exe file and the .DLL(from another project) file with it to another computer. The other computer popup an message that:
    : "The dynamic link library borlndmn.dll could be found in the specified path....."
    :
    : I don't want tho copy all the .DLL files. How can I make a hard link to avoid it?
    :
    : Thank you!
    :
    You need the borlndmn.dll if you use the ShareMem unit. There is no way around it, unless you don't use the ShareMem unit. In order to avoid using that unit, you need to type-cast all long strings as PChars and avoid using pointers, which are allocated in one module and disposed of in the other.
  • earth_walkerearth_walker Posts: 184Member
    Thank you!
    So does it mean what I need to do is, to copy this .DLL file with my program file if I don't do the type cast(too much work to go back and do type-casting)?
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2003-7-27 2:21:55[/red][/b][hr]
    : Thank you!
    : So does it mean what I need to do is, to copy this .DLL file with my program file if I don't do the type cast(too much work to go back and do type-casting)?
    :
    Yes. Although its better to place that dll in the windows or windowssystem directory, so all your programs may also use it.