Let's stop debate about religion - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Let's stop debate about religion

lionblionb Posts: 1,688Member ✭✭
I think debate between religious people and atheists is never going stop. That' for sure. Let me ask all of you one question. I think all of you (at least most of you) generaly belong to the same religious group called Cristians. I know that there are different interpretation of Cristianity inside of this group that's why some of you belong to different subgroups of that religion. I officialy belong to the completely different religion named Judaism. In other words, I am Jew. Actualy, I am atheist and DO NOT CARE about people religion(s) AT ALL. I mean I do not care are you religious or not and, if you are, what religion you are belong. (I am not talking about any religous fanatics. There is no way for me to communicate with them) I like to comminicate with most of you just because you are intellegent, funny people. Some of you even became my friends no matter of your faith/beliefe. Here is my question. On this board at least, do you care about my religion/nationality/ethnick origin? If you do care, I'll leave this board. If you do not, let's stop debate about this. Of course you can say: Hey, lionb no one push you to participate in religious debate, if do not like just leave us alone. But IMO there are a lot of other different and very interesting subjects for discussion besides religion.

Comments

• faustinegeorgefaustinegeorge Posts: 351Member
    : I think debate between religious people and atheists is never going stop. That' for sure. Let me ask all of you one question. I think all of you (at least most of you) generaly belong to the same religious group called Cristians. I know that there are different interpretation of Cristianity inside of this group that's why some of you belong to different subgroups of that religion. I officialy belong to the completely different religion named Judaism. In other words, I am Jew. Actualy, I am atheist and DO NOT CARE about people religion(s) AT ALL. I mean I do not care are you religious or not and, if you are, what religion you are belong. (I am not talking about any religous fanatics. There is no way for me to communicate with them) I like to comminicate with most of you just because you are intellegent, funny people. Some of you even became my friends no matter of your faith/beliefe. Here is my question. On this board at least, do you care about my religion/nationality/ethnick origin? If you do care, I'll leave this board. If you do not, let's stop debate about this. Of course you can say: Hey, lionb no one push you to participate in religious debate, if do not like just leave us alone. But IMO there are a lot of other different and very interesting subjects for discussion besides religion.
    :
    [blue]
    It's OK with me lionb,I will shut up.Religion? what's that ?;-)

About your question,not only on this board,I don't care about anybody's
    religion/nationality/ethnick origin .

And about you leaving :-),Don't do it.There is only a handful of us
    here as such.

[/blue]

Faustine
    --------
  • DarQDarQ Posts: 1,625Member
    i agree with you! there have been many many threads concerning that topic. I usually don't feel like participating in those threads. But i do read most of it, i just sometimes feel the urge to let infidel know that i agree with him again!

btw: u should know that at least i dont care about your religion or ethnic. But, you're nationallity makes you interesting. just because what you can tell about your past and such. So, i do care about nationallity ;-)

: I think debate between religious people and atheists is never going stop. That' for sure. Let me ask all of you one question. I think all of you (at least most of you) generaly belong to the same religious group called Cristians. I know that there are different interpretation of Cristianity inside of this group that's why some of you belong to different subgroups of that religion. I officialy belong to the completely different religion named Judaism. In other words, I am Jew. Actualy, I am atheist and DO NOT CARE about people religion(s) AT ALL. I mean I do not care are you religious or not and, if you are, what religion you are belong. (I am not talking about any religous fanatics. There is no way for me to communicate with them) I like to comminicate with most of you just because you are intellegent, funny people. Some of you even became my friends no matter of your faith/beliefe. Here is my question. On this board at least, do you care about my religion/nationality/ethnick origin? If you do care, I'll leave this board. If you do not, let's stop debate about this. Of course you can say: Hey, lionb no one push you to participate in religious debate, if do not like just leave us alone. But IMO there are a lot of other different and very interesting subjects for discussion besides religion.
    :

[size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    url--> http://space.servehttp.com (ssh,ftp,http,stmp,imap etc etc)

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    :

I would never judge anyone on what they believe or treat them different because of that. I'm always interested to here what people have to say and believe though. And I do find it an interesting topic thus why I do make a few posts when it comes up. Also, sure the debate will go on. But a debate isn't an argument. Arguing is a bad thing, but to me the debates on here are just exploring thoughts, that's all.

Anyway, if my thoughts bore you I'll scab off back to the Perl board, and keep my thoughts to myself. I'm just the imposter who joins in the religion debates... :-)

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• faustinegeorgefaustinegeorge Posts: 351Member
    : Anyway, if my thoughts bore you I'll scab off back to the Perl board, and keep my thoughts to myself. I'm just the imposter who joins in the religion debates... :-)
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :
    [blue]
    Why is everyone so keen on scabbing off ? ;-) .I must be the newest here , and I want to see more people to come here and not see veterans ( ;-) ) move off.
    Come on guys!!
    [/blue]
    : : Anyway, if my thoughts bore you I'll scab off back to the Perl
    : : board, and keep my thoughts to myself. I'm just the imposter who
    : : joins in the religion debates... :-)
    : :
    : : Jonathan
    : : ###
    : : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    : [blue]
    : Why is everyone so keen on scabbing off ? ;-) .I must be the newest
    : here , and I want to see more people to come here and not see
    : veterans ( ;-) ) move off.
    : Come on guys!!
    : [/blue]

Hehehe...I was only saying I'd go if people told me I'm boring. :-) Has anyone noticed that we're arguing about what topics should be discussed on the off-topic board? ;-)

Jonathan

###

• lionblionb Posts: 1,688Member ✭✭
    : I would never judge anyone on what they believe or treat them different because of that. I'm always interested to here what people have to say and believe though. And I do find it an interesting topic thus why I do make a few posts when it comes up. Also, sure the debate will go on. But a debate isn't an argument. Arguing is a bad thing, but to me the debates on here are just exploring thoughts, that's all.
    :
    : Anyway, if my thoughts bore you I'll scab off back to the Perl board, and keep my thoughts to myself. I'm just the imposter who joins in the religion debates... :-)
    :
    [blue]I did not say that thoughts bore me. I said that debate like that do not have end. That bores me. Besides, it's [b] MY VERY PERSONAL OPINION, I am not alone here and I am not moderator. So descision about debate/discussion like that is up to rest of you. And of course I did not say that you have to leave board. There is no way for me to say that[/b] [/blue]
    [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-7-28 5:4:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : i agree with you! there have been many many threads concerning that topic. I usually don't feel like participating in those threads. But i do read most of it, i just sometimes feel the urge to let infidel know that i agree with him again!
    :
    : btw: u should know that at least i dont care about your religion or ethnic. But, you're nationallity makes you interesting. just because what you can tell about your past and such. So, i do care about nationallity ;-)
    :
    Are you trying to say that my nationality was Soviet? :-D That's not quite correct. My nationality is Jew but I lived in the former Soviet Union. There was not nationality like Soviet. People of different nationalities like Russian, Armenian, Georgian, Ukrainian, Jew used to live there. The situation in the former SU with nationalities was very different from other countries. Dutch is your nationality, isn't it? Let's say you'll decide to move to US. If you will accept US citizenship, your nationality will become American who is original from Holland. That correct for normal country. Now. Let's say you'll make stupid decision to move to Russia and accept Russia citizenship. You think you will become Russian :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D? Not in the Russia. In that country you will remain Dutch, who decided to move to the Russia!!!!

• leeosleeos Posts: 1,212Member
    : [blue]I did not say that thoughts bore me. I said that debate like that do not have end. That bores me. Besides, it's [b] MY VERY PERSONAL OPINION, I am not alone here and I am not moderator. So descision about debate/discussion like that is up to rest of you. And of course I did not say that you have to leave board. There is no way for me to say that[/b] [/blue]

Well I agree, I dont really like chatting about it. One becuase we get a lot of "fruit cases" ( IMO ). That often stop me in the street or roam round my village and attempt to get me to watch a video or go to some meeting. I dont have time to do things like that. And further more I have no inclination.

I go to Church for births, deaths and marriages.. although it seems that these days its more popular to chose another place to get married.

Do you think funerals will change in the future?

Another thing... Jonathan. Do you like singing in the Church? That's one thing that I fail to get any enjoyment from. Bell ringing in my opinion is a selfish hobby that should be limited to a few times a year.

Where I live, they are at it (ringing) every Wednesday night. I would not complain if it was a religious village but its not.

Finally my last gripe. Why is it that Schools try and force Christianity down kids throats? I dont know about today, but when I went through School, it was a pain... especially for the overseas pupils who followed Budda. They were forced to go to the chapel and sing.

One good thing about a Church is climbing the stone spiral staircase and getting out on the roof.

Actually another good thing is that the canteen at my place is a an old Church that closed down.

: Well I agree, I dont really like chatting about it. One becuase we
    : get a lot of "fruit cases" ( IMO ). That often stop me in the street
    : or roam round my village and attempt to get me to watch a video or go
    : to some meeting. I dont have time to do things like that. And
    : further more I have no inclination.
    And what if you thought you knew something that you thought could make a big difference to somebody's life? Would you keep it to yourself? If you aren't interested just say so and walk away. It's only an invitation.

: I go to Church for births, deaths and marriages.. although it seems
    : at these days its more popular to chose another place to get married.
    :
    : Do you think funerals will change in the future?
    Maybe. If you don't belive in the God thing, why get married and have a funeral at a church anyway?

: Another thing... Jonathan. Do you like singing in the Church?
    Nah...they need more dance music. Possibly some metal too. :-) Going to church is more than just that though. For me it's being amongst other people who believe the same kinda things that I do.

: That's one thing that I fail to get any enjoyment from. Bell ringing
    : in my opinion is a selfish hobby that should be limited to a few
    : times a year.
    :
    : Where I live, they are at it (ringing) every Wednesday night. I
    : would not complain if it was a religious village but its not.
    Wednesday night? Could be worse, could be Saturday morning, 8 AM. :-) I see your point though, it can make quite a racket...

: Finally my last gripe. Why is it that Schools try and force
    : Christianity down kids throats? I dont know about today, but when I
    : went through School, it was a pain... especially for the overseas
    : pupils who followed Budda. They were forced to go to the chapel and
    : sing.
    I have no idea why schools do that. I don't think schools should ignore religion as spiritual development is something people all go through, whether they decide to be atheists, whatever... I agree they should not force people to take place in religous acts, but I think they should be allowed to talk about a religion and why people follow it and what it's about.

: One good thing about a Church is climbing the stone spiral staircase
    : and getting out on the roof.
    At least if the church has a grave yard it's not far to go if you slip and fall off...

: Actually another good thing is that the canteen at my place is a an
    : old Church that closed down.
    And please can you explain to me why that is a good thing?

Jonathan

###

[b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2003-7-28 6:13:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [blue]I did not say that thoughts bore me. I said that debate like that do not have end. That bores me. Besides, it's [b] MY VERY PERSONAL OPINION, I am not alone here and I am not moderator. So descision about debate/discussion like that is up to rest of you. And of course I did not say that you have to leave board. There is no way for me to say that[/b] [/blue]
    :
    : Well I agree, I dont really like chatting about it. One becuase we get a lot of "fruit cases" ( IMO ). That often stop me in the street or roam round my village and attempt to get me to watch a video or go to some meeting. I dont have time to do things like that. And further more I have no inclination.
    :
    : I go to Church for births, deaths and marriages.. although it seems that these days its more popular to chose another place to get married.
    :
    : Do you think funerals will change in the future?
    :
    : Another thing... Jonathan. Do you like singing in the Church? That's one thing that I fail to get any enjoyment from. Bell ringing in my opinion is a selfish hobby that should be limited to a few times a year.
    :
    : Where I live, they are at it (ringing) every Wednesday night. I would not complain if it was a religious village but its not.
    :
    : Finally my last gripe. Why is it that Schools try and force Christianity down kids throats? I dont know about today, but when I went through School, it was a pain... especially for the overseas pupils who followed Budda. They were forced to go to the chapel and sing.
    :
    : One good thing about a Church is climbing the stone spiral staircase and getting out on the roof.
    :
    : Actually another good thing is that the canteen at my place is a an old Church that closed down.
    :
    [blue] Well leeos I regret to say that but looks like you missunderstood me. My post was not against religion or religious people or agtressive atheist/nonethist ( for me , no offense infidel, agressive atheism is just another form of religion. In other words it sounds like debate between two opposite religious group). I was just tried to say that IMO debate between religous people and atheists is endless and because of that it does not make sence to continue it. Again, it's just my opinion[/blue]